Bay Club Santa Clara is currently getting a makeover. And it’s not just a little refresh, but a massive $20 million renovation—the largest in Bay Club history. Come early next year; members will enjoy an entirely new and improved experience. You may have already noticed some changes—the remodel is taking place in phases and the club is open during construction.
First, the creek that used to run through the middle of the club has been filled. This new space will become changing rooms dedicated to families and part of your new fitness floor. Next, the men’s locker rooms have been beautifully updated. There are now over 400 daily use and 88 monthly lockers—in polished chestnut, 14 vanity and sink stations, a private executive room with 31 lockers, nine fully-stocked shower suites, a sauna, and steam room.
What else is to come? Here are nine things you can look forward to.
1. New state of the art equipment. The fitness atrium—the space with machines where members can do a treadmill or bike workout on their own—is expanding to 9,000 square feet. Here is where you’ll find the personal training team, gear like free weights, and a giant AKTIV station, a wall bar that is similar to TRX.
2. More group fitness studios. The group fitness areas are doubling in size. This means that there will be new faces around the club as the size of our fitness staff increases. Expect encouraging and motivational instructors who will keep you on your toes in your favorite classes. Also: Look for more classes on the schedule.
3. New women’s locker room. This fall, the renovated locker rooms will open. Bay Clubbers can anticipate a gorgeous new space similar to the men’s rooms with sleek wooden lockers, marble counter tops, and large private showers. Like the men’s rooms, the women’s will double in size. Want to relax after your workout in the steam room or sauna? Soon you’ll be able to do this! To celebrate the launch of the locker rooms, the amenities—shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shaving cream, mouthwash, antiperspirant, lotion, cotton balls, etc.—are debuting brand new packaging.
4. New kids’ center. Bay Club kids will soon be able to play in a new 6,000 square-foot area filled with activities and equipment made just for them. There will be onsite childcare and the social, fun-filled family programming that the Bay Club is known for.
5. An adults-only lounge. 77 Social Club is the Bay Club’s signature adult’s only lounge. This is your place to unwind after a long day, where you can sip a glass of wine with a friend or watch the Giants or 49ers with a beer. The lounge also has games like air hockey and pool.
6. IGNITE! One class that we’re super excited to bring to Santa Clara is IGNITE, a brand new experience created especially for Bay Club members. The 50-minute high-intensity class requires a specially-equipped studio with three different types of machines. This tech-forward blue-light studio is a part of the group fitness area renovation and is planned to be completed by summer 2019.
7. New retail shop, One Lombard. Forgot your workout top? In need of a new pair of Lululemon leggings? Looking for a thoughtful gift? You can find these items and more at the Bay Club’s shop, One Lombard. Browse women and men’s seasonal athletic and leisure wear from brands like Nike, Splendid, Joie, and Under Armour.
8. Refinished pool decks. Don’t worry—the pool you know and love isn’t going anywhere, but it is getting a facelift. The decks are being resurfaced and will have a fresh sparkling look.
9. Café Vida. Hungry? Come by and enjoy some Café Vida! Expect fresh, seasonal California-inspired cuisine that will tide you over morning, noon, and night. Think breakfast wraps with scrambled eggs, black beans, and guacamole; roasted turkey sandwiches with lettuce and chipotle sauce; chopped barbecued chicken salad with cherry tomatoes and fresh corn. Plus, there are burgers, smoothies, green juices, and kid’s items like grilled cheese and chicken tenders.
We can’t wait to see the final results of Bay Club Santa Clara. What are you looking forward to most? Let us know in the comments!