Let’s face it, there’s no one like Mom. So when Mother’s Day rolls around, it can be a challenge to get her something that makes her feel oh-so-loved. But relax, we’ve got you covered, and we know how much mom deserves a little R&R! So this year, we’re creating a homemade gift that we know she will love—a bath bomb! And what’s great about this particular bath bomb, (other than it smelling amazing!), is that it’s made with Himalayan Pink Salt, which has fantastic health benefits, including boosting immunity, balancing pH, and promoting skin hydration.
Pink Salt Bath Bomb
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup fine grain Pink Himalayan Salt
20–25 drops of essential oil (we use lavender, but rose or peppermint would be lovely as well)
1/4–1/2 tsp beet powder (optional natural coloring to make the bombs pink!)
Mixing bowl and whisk
Small spray bottle of water
Silicone molds (ice cube or cake molds)
1. Combine the baking soda, citric acid, Pink Himalayan Salt, and beet powder in a bowl. Whisk together until well combined with no clumps.
2. Add the drops of essential oil, and whisk again.
3. Using the small spray bottle, begin moistening the salt mixture until it sticks together. Test it by picking up some with your hand and pressing into it (if it sticks together, it’s good to go!). Note: If you add too much water at once, it will fizz and puff up, so we use the spray bottle to add little by little to the mixture. If it fizzes a little, that’s ok, just keep mixing until the mixture is evenly moistened.
4. Fill your silicone molds with the moistened mixture and pack it in tightly—we used the back of a measuring cup to pack and even them out.
5. Let it sit in the molds to dry for 20–30 minutes, so they can be removed without falling apart.
6. Remove them from the molds and let them dry completely.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas out there!