It’s officially summer, which means it’s the season of BBQs, pool parties, patio brunches, and all the other outdoor events you love most. And as any regular party-goer knows, you should never show up empty-handed to an event hosted by a friend or family member.
Sure, wine is always a crowd favorite, but with a small amount of ribbon and tape—and don’t forget the cheese!—you can elevate a simple bottle into a hostess gift that steals the show. Get a little crafty with these two ideas for wrapping up a bottle of wine—now you just need to decide between rosé and Pinot Noir!
Wine Wrapped in Craft Paper
Double Sided Tape
Summer Greenery or Flowers (such as chamomile or lavender)
1. Cut a piece of craft paper, wide enough to completely cover the bottle, and six inches taller than the bottle.
2. Lay the bottle on its side in the middle of the craft paper, and tape one edge of the craft paper to the bottle.
3. Roll the bottle in the craft paper, and tape down the other edge of the craft paper.
4. Fold the excess craft paper on the bottom of the bottle in, and tape it (like you’re wrapping a present).
5. Around the neck of the bottle, cinch the craft paper so the bottle shape is more defined.
6. Tie the ribbon around the neck of the bottle.
7. Slide greenery and flowers under the ribbon.
Perfect for a picnic or outdoor lunch!
Wine + Cheese Board
Wooden Tag (optional)
1. Place the wine and baguette on the cheese board.
2. Place the cheese on top of the baguette.
3. Tie a 1–2” ribbon around the cheese board, wine, baguette, and cheese to hold everything in place.
4. If using a tag, slide your wooden tag on the ribbon before double knotting.
5. Slide a sprig of rosemary (or another herb) between the baguette and ribbon.
And voila, the perfect host gift for a summer night dinner!