We think the kitchen is one of the best places to bond with your little ones and bring everyone together! You can explore your creativity while also making something delicious for the whole family to enjoy. That’s why our Family Programming team has come up with this yummy recipe your kids will love making (and eating!) with you.
Make Your Own Pizza Dough
Makes 6 individual-sized pizzas
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 1/2 tbsp dry instant yeast
1 tbsp sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp salt
Desired toppings: cheese, pepperoni, veggies, etc.
1. In a mixing bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water & sprinkle in dry yeast. Allow this to sit for 5-10 minutes until bubbly
2. Add flour, olive oil, and salt.
3. Using a dough hook, knead your dough on low/medium speed until dough comes together in a ball.
4. Take dough out of bowl & grease bowl with olive oil or cooking spray.
5. Place your dough ball in bowl & cover with Saran Wrap. Let dough rest for 1 – 1 1/2 hours.
6. Sprinkle countertop with flour & preheat oven to 425 degrees.
7. Use a dough cutter (if you have one) to divide dough into 6 balls.
8. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and roll out one of your balls of dough with a rolling pin until dough is about 1/4 inch thick.
9. Spread sauce on dough. And then get creative with your toppings!
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes and then enjoy!
If you don’t make all 6 pizzas, save your leftover pizza dough for another night! Wrap each individual dough ball with Saran Wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2-weeks.